The Curve Bender is based on desk circuits from the world-famous Abbey Road Studios in London, used to create albums of genuinely legendary status, such as Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd, and Abbey Road by The Beatles. And as with any truly supreme successor to a noble line, it builds on the greatness of its ancestors, adding more bands of EQ, and offering more control than the original, without sacrificing the exquisite analog sound which made it a leader.
In software form, the Curve Bender plug-in not only allows the user the luxury of using this ultra-special crown-jewel mastering EQ in multiple places in the same mix (across instrument groups AND the master bus, for example), but also adds functionality to the original hardware, with Mid/Side processing and channel linking.
A mastering grade processor, the Curve Bender is perfect for gently sculpting the entire mix, with never a hint of harshness despite its endless power. It’s the one true sovereign of analog mastering equalizers.
- Mastering grade analog equalizer
- Silky top-end and tight lows
- Based on legendary British console EQ circuits used on innumerable classic records
- Added Mid/Side processing and channel linking in the plug-in
- Subtle yet authoritative; carefully considered curves and exceptional quality mean theuser can boost with confidence
- Set it and forget it – it always sounds good
- Use on master bus, instrument groups, or even individual tracks – it’s great on vocals
- A real crown jewel in any producer’s collection